Monday, June 16, 2008

Still Alive...

Yes I'm still here outside of the random picture message to this rather dried up and crusty part of the internet.

Yes I'm Still Alive

That said... what the hell have I been doing?

Well the things that stand out in my mind are several marathon sessions of Rock Band in Colorado and even more marathon sessions of Grand Theft Auto in Arizona.

Speaking of Colorado I went to "Beer Mecca" aka "The Fat Tire Brewery" so there is that.

But yeah alot of Rock Band and Grand Theft Auto.

Rock Band has a strange effect on how I listen to music, no longer do I listen to a song I start to think about how the various pieces parts will interact in Rock Band... Like the drum opening to "Jambi" by TOOL... or the Guitar Solo's in just about any Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd song. I have questions about Pearl Jam too specifcally "Lukin" At one point there was supposed to be the capablity to import your iTunes library into Rock Band and be able to play those songs. I'm sure that got nixed because some record label exec was mad that they weren't making a sufficent amount of money from anything.

I do have say, any time I hear a Disturbed song on the radio I cringe when I think about the guitars/drums/vocals that would be required in Rock Band.

1 comment:

Evey Marievey said...

I cringe when I hear Disturbed on the radio too, although for different reasons.