Tuesday, May 02, 2006

He had a lot of nothing to say....

Worked from home today.... It's a interesting feeling... Getting up at my usual time.

Making a pot of coffee

Having breakfast

Surf the internet

And sit at my kitchen table for the next 8 hours because I don't want to work in my office since that is where I game.. And I don't want to associate gaming with work.

Why did I work at home... I was getting my AC serviced... Why because it's old. How did that go? Well lets just say I'm not entertaining the thought of high efficiency cooling units.

I will be comfortable this summer... May not be able to do anything else but I will be comfortable.

On the bright side the new TOOL and Pearl Jam albums came out today. I already had pre-purchased Pearl Jam on iTunes... I downloaded it first thing this morning.

Good stuff, go get if you have anything more then a passing interest in Pearl Jam... Then again most of you really like their crappiest song that won alot of awards and haven't moved on. Oh well.

TOOL on the other hand is not down with the internet music thing. So that required me to get out and go to Borders... OK not a huge deal I haven't been to Borders in a while and it's a cool place.

So off I go to Borders, it's a Tuesday afternoon about 5pm. It's dead silent, it is a book store after all, and there are maybe 30 people in the whole joint not including employees. I wander around for about 10 minutes. No new books that I'm real keen on picking up just checking things out. There is someone about every 3rd aisle or so. I make it over to the CD section.

It's abandoned... Seriously there are no employees over there at all it's all just sitting there. Things are dusted but that is about it. I start looking for the new TOOL CD. Takes me about 10 minutes... But I have a ritual I go through every time I buy a TOOL CD. The first TOOL CD I bought was Ænima in 1997 (yes Cody I was a late catching the TOOL bus). I found Ænima by going through every rack at a Best Buy in Las Vegas because for what ever reason the Best Buy method of alphabetical does not match up with my grade school definition of alphabetical.

So I start my ritual... I can't help but notice that most of the bins are half empty some are almost completely empty. It's been a while since I bought a physical CD... Actually it's been something like 3 years. I've bought music it's all been on the internet though. Now I don't know if the bin situation is a normal thing but maybe part of the music industries problem is they can't keep fucking product on the shelf. Never mind that about 90% of it is crap to begin with.

So I get the TOOL CD... pay for it and head home.

Once I get home what is the first thing I do ? Yep I rip it to my computer to put on my iPod because I FUCKING BOUGHT A CD AND I WANT TO LISTEN TO IT ON MY FUCKING iPod.
Well 60 minutes later it's done ripping and it's not even a usable rip... It keeps skipping which my computer can handle but will cause the iPod to choke and it sounds like crap when it skips.

So that was my day... For those of you keeping score at home...

A/C unit... 1 down
2 Albums bought... 1 really good... 1 Artistically good... Technically leaves something to be desired.

No comments: