Saturday, February 10, 2007

The musings of a back porch....

You know I think I can really get used to this whole back porch thing... It's February and I'm sitting on my back porch with a beer, laptop, and iPod. Just taking in the whole serenity of the evening.

I find that having a bit of alone time is good every now and again. I'm talking serious alone time 24 to 36 hours of the stuff. It's good for finding a center of your being, it's almost zen like. Well as zen as one can be with out being either a Buddhist monk or a Novel Netware Admin.

I live in the East valley... now I'm not that far out in the East valley, but it's only 10 minutes in 2 diffrent directions to hit open deseret. (south and south east by freeway). I never noticed before but the clouds at night absorb the light of the city and glow reddish. It's kind of strange but at the same time cool.

The album of choice is "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack. Everyone should check it out.

So with the brief winter that Phoenix experinces now over we are into the part of year that I like to call "Why we live here weather". Let's face it folks no one in their right mind lives in a place where it gets 120 in the summer and has 100+ days of 100+ degree heat. No I don't count I moved here willingly and love it. I'm also a PACS administrator. If you ever meet another PACS administrator they will tell you anybody who does that job willingly is either stupid or crazy. I'm going to have to go with crazy people for $100 Alex.

I've come to the realization that everyone is beautiful on myspace. Which is why I use a comic for my picture (and here too). It's not what the author looks like it's what they have to say. Now I'm fine with the fact that this is page is a cesspool of incessant rambling and talking about things only I care about (for the record I haven't talked about Linux in like 3 months). Myspace just feels like the sewer system of internet. Everyone goes there, but no one I know freely admits to going there on a regular basis. Actually let me rephrase that... people I call my friends admit they go there, they however have mostly moved to becoming flickr and blogger whores (welcome my brothers and sisters). So why have the myspace? I don't know... part of me wants to be able to reconnect with my past... the other part of me doesn't want to look back. I keep the myspace to keep the part of me that wants to look back happy. I keep this to keep the part of me that wants to look forward happy.

No comments: