Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Reflections in F.U.D. and you

Being a I.T. guy from time to time I get asked by certain indviduals for help for things that fall outside of my normal day to day duties.

I like to call these individuals Doctors.

So I get a call today from a doctor who wants to use his shiny new MAC to work from home with... I feel his pain. I agree to help him.

So as I'm talking to him I ask if he has made a boot camp partion for his MAC. You know since running windows in a virtulized environment is the least painful way to get 99.9% of windows only apps (read as active X or require IE) to work in MAC.

"I don't want to load windows on to the MAC and have to deal with anti-virus"

Wait, you don't want to deal with Anti virus in Windows on your MAC?

Ok on one side I can see the point... I mean that is why you bought a MAC isn't it? So you didn't have to deal with all of those stupid Windows viruses... On the other hand...

What on earth are you bitching about? Antivirus programs are so dirt simple that they should be the first or second thing you load up on your computer! And you don't want to deal with them?

My god man...

For the record I do have Anti virus on all of my boxes (Norton and AVG mainly) Windows/Linux/Mac

Just because Lord Steve says it's secure doesn't mean it's true kids...

1 comment:

Ceconix said...

If you do enough to get a virus in a virtual windows maching on a MAC, you should have purchased a Windows box.