Sunday, September 19, 2004

Music....

Music is a funny thing... it sets the mood, seems to give defitinon and body to a event. Music can draw a memory to an emotion... a trip to disney land with the ex-girl friend that dumped you a month later... yeah fun stuff like that. No one said the emotions had to be good ones :)

So it is with great trepidation and I guess honor that I have agreed to help a friend with the music for his wedding. Normally I wouldn't do this type of thing but there are two things that made me say yes.

1. His entire collection of music is Punk and Techno...
2. If I don't help Curtis's sorry ass I don't know who will.

So I've been doing this whole creating a playlist thing all afternoon... I'm actually writing this while listening to a very very rough cut. So far I like it.

I guess the most dificult part about this is trying to find stuff that won't get my balls ripped off by Krissy. I.e. try to make it something meaningfull and at the same time unique.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about what I want played at my own wedding.... though at the rate I'm going that is a LONG ways off.... it's ok though this gives me a couple of practice rounds.

Yeah no pressure... this is just one of those singular most important things in their lives things....

No comments: