Sunday, May 22, 2005

Lying to get what I need now

It's interesting what some people find cathartic for getting stress and bad feelings to go away. Some people drive, some people paint, some angsty teens write really bad poetry, and others blog.

What do I do? I plan for all things to the point of "Are you serious?" Hey we all relieve stress in our own ways I just happen to be a little freakier then the rest of you :)

I've only seen Revenge of the Sith once... I know I will see it again. Overall I liked it very well. Hands down best of the second trilogy. In the grand pantheon of things though I think time will tell where it lands in the over all order of star wars films. I think it will probally be fighting with "Empire" for the top spot. I personally still think Empire is the best.

My only real disappointment in Revenge of the Sith was how Mace Windu went down. That was a bit anti-climatic but what are you going to do? As for the other Jedi I thought the clone trooper wipe out was a very effective method of portraying the demise of the Jedi order.

I was really happy with the Obi-wan/Darth Vader fight. It lived up to all of my expectations. The Yoda/Darth Siddious fight was almost laughable again... I'm sorry Yoda is not supposed to be a fighter he is a thinker... and when he fights he looks like a freaking super-bouncy ball.

I guess my real question in all of this is why did Vader not think to look for his child in Tatooine? More questions for the ages. And it seems like at some point in the first trilogy that Palpatine didn't know about Vader's child until half way through ewok picnic. Why wasn't old palpatine scouring the universe for the child of vader.

Finally... with all of their wonderful technology in this galaxy far far away a long time ago. How come they didn't figure out that Padme was going to have twins until she was about to deliver? Sure lightsabers are a ancient weapon of the Jedi but they haven't developed a good ultrasound machine?

Some things will always bother me about Starwars and I guess that is why I love it.

No comments: