Tuesday, August 23, 2005

No I'm never, No I'm never....

Ah the joys of rebuilding a PC.... it's been a year since my last rebuild... needless to say this little rebuild was long overdue.

There is nothing really like a fresh clean computer install. It makes everything feel better... of course I use Firefox so my installs tend to stay toasty fresh for a longer period then most others.

The one side effect of all this rebuilding however has been that I lost all my playlists in iTunes and subsquently lost the playlists in the iPod. Not a big deal really, just go and recreate them all and away we go. It's kind of cathartic really, new ways to create dynamic playlists and you never really create them the same way twice. So new stuff always perculates to the top. So far I haven't had enough stuff to listen to have anything intersting perculate to the top. Give it time...

While creating the playlists a stray neutron hit my brain and caused the following thought... in 20 years what music will we look back on as being "good" and as being "crap" .... it's a intersting thought take a look at a few of the classic rock stations they play Led Zepplin from time to time, Led Zepplin only had 1 top 10 hit in the U.S. and that was in the late 60's or early 70's. However I know that I have heard several diffrent Led Zepplin songs not only on the Classic Rock station but also on a few others as well. As I sit here thinking about it I don't think TOOL has every had a top 10 hit (though they have had most of their albums hit #1), Pearl Jam only had one "hit" "Jermey", Greenday seems to be the exception to the rule.... I don't know it's intersting.

I guess time will tell however I pretty sure that when I put on the classic rock station of the future I won't be hearing Limp Bizkit or Staind, but I'm pretty sure I will hear the White Stripes, Soundgarden, Mars Volta (haven't heard of them? time to get cracking...)

No comments: