Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Incidental aliens and the way's of traffic





So what do I think of living in the valley 6 months after moving down?   Well the traffic bites, but I knew that walking into it.  Other then that I have no complaints.  Which I have to say is really a first for me.  Normally by now I'm bitching about something.  Nope not a thing.   Just traffic, and lets face it when you move to any city traffic is almost always a given.

Something on a bit more personal note.  A person I have known for several years now has had a rather large tragedy occur in her life.  It was rather sudden and really no one saw it coming.   I find the whole situation interesting... this person was basically abandoned by every one they knew as a direct result of their significant other.  I always tended to float on the outskirts of the circle of friends along with a couple of other folks and knew them more from their brother then anything else.  I didn't so much abandon as faded into the background.  Point is I wasn't around and have been watching the events unfold from a somewhat impartial view of the 3rd person.

Anyway getting back to the subject at hand I've been watching this situation over about the last week now.  Not through email or gossip but from first person accounts on blogs.  It's a different way to watch someone deal with a great loss in their life.  As blogging becomes more and more prevalent through what is effectively the geezer generation on the Internet my observation has been that the blogs have become less personal and more on selling one's self to the outside world. I don't know if it's because there are more people out there doing the blogging thing or if it's because I'm reading the wrong blogs I don't know.   Where am i trying to get to in all of this?  I really don't know.

Interesting observations but, it's to early to really be making much sense of anything really and I can't pass a personal judgement on anyone for they anything that they may or may not have done until after I have taken a good long look at myself.



No comments: