Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mom always said.....

Happy 4th of July everyone... All 3 loyal readers... Well ok 4 now. I'm pretty sure that Krisiti tries to keep up with these ramblings of a mad man but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't try that hard.


What did I do on the 4th O July? Same thing I have done for the last 3 years... Been in Phoenix. Odd huh... In 04 and 05 I was down here for whatever reason (04 was a LAN party, 05 was getting back from a LAN party in San Diego and at the time a "secret" interview on July the 5th for my current position).

This year was good, but it was defiantly worthy of it's own bit of rambling and I give you the reason here and now...

So Curtis, Kristina, and I have decided to walk down the street to the drainage park (which Kristina calls "Lake Pee-Pee Ka-Ka") to get a better view of the fireworks coming from Mesa Community College. So we are standing out there...The sun is down... The humid is up... We are feeling the heat.... Fireworks start... FUCK! We have this giant ass building in front of us... Of course we knew it was there... It was there last year we just never account for it.

So we adjust as best we can and all stand there and watch the show.... After about 15 minutes the show is going on and this guy walks buy us. Now this isn't just any guy it's a drunk guy... I look at him... He's drunk... So he's going to do one of two things.. 1. Pick a fight (I'm screwed) 2. Wanna talk (I'm screwed).

I don't pay any attention to him and the dude stands next to me... Wow I haven't smelled drunk like this since my days as a grocery checker at Albertson's. Out of no where dude just starts going off on "Fuck Arabs this", The Chinese are going to bomb LA, and we are all going to get drafted. Now this isn't like a one time thing and it's done this is more like a loop... a continuous broken loop.

After about 5 minutes dude looks at me and goes "Are you native?"
Me... "Yep"
Dude..."What Tribe?"
Me... "No, no I'm not Native American I'm a native to Arizona"
Dude... "What Trive?" (<---- And that is not a misspelling)
Me..."Kingman Tribe"
Dude... "OH? What is that Apache? Hopi? Pima?"
Me..."Hualapai"
Dude..."I know some Hualapai's they are good people, I'm Navajo" (I knew this guy reminded me of Albertson's in Flag for more then one reason)

We chat a little more.... The broken CD talk returns and Dude stumbles on...

And now I know why Mom always said never talk to strangers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just attract strange people

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a normal day in Winslow

~C