Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wind w/ Fire!

So I've been dicking around with my Linux server this weekend...

It's pissing me off.

That is all I will write about Linux... needless to say the thought of lighting several DVD's on fire to exercise my Linux frustrations is really appealing to me right now.

While dicking around with said Linux box I wandered back to the ole website of long ago (rollingskull.com) which really didn't come into existence until I moved down to Phoenix but for all intents and purposes it's the same damn sight I had when I was in Kingman and doing this with Frontpage and Geo-cities.

I got to reading the old posts and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed opening up the old semi-journal to random emails from readers (all 3.2 of you). I got to thinking that I should do something like that again... then I thought if Curtis AND my brother both have a blog then there really is no point.

So while my install of CentOS 5 died for the 5th time in a row I was thinking...

Maybe what I should is something along the lines of that post card site where people mail their post cards in anonymously... it's sometimes a riot other times really sad and typically it's both on the same day.

So maybe I should open this thing up to a anonymous emails of whatever? (Thanks to Eve who reminded me it's postsecret.com is what I was thinking of)

I like the idea... and it gives you (all 3.2 of you) a little bit of interactive opportunity.

So here are the rules (I know always rules)

1. Send the email anonymously.... ideally from a one time use site it's up to you how you want to do it. If your to lazy to do that and send me an email from your regular address that kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

2. Send the email to cignus20 at hotmail dot com use the subject line "Wind w/ Fire!"

3. I will post received emails (if I get any at all) up here...

If you don't like the rules you don't have to email.

No comments: