Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tales from the punch bowl... the punch bowl that is my back porch.

Favorite thing about living in Phoenix? The wind doesn't blow 100% of the time.

Yes I know, thats pretty lame. Where I'm from though the wind never stops blowing ever... it's always windy. Here it actually dies at night, to the point where you can sit on your back porch with a beer your work pager (because your on call this week and your a good doobie) and a laptop and just start writing. Actually 5 of the last 7 posts have been made from the back porch.

Wow when you turn down the screen back light it doesn't hurt your eyes nearly as much... that is so cool.

Diffrent theme tonight... I've got "Massive Attack" on the old iTunes and the Moose Drool Beer is going down rather smoothly (thanks again Eve (the woman not the game) and Cody (the mac to my PC)).

A while back I wrote about the "file wenches" at work (as I lovingly refer to them) and how they pretty much figured I hated women. So somewhere between now and then the hot one (Izzy) has made it her personal crusade to get me to stop drinking coffee (currently I'm a 2 cup a day man). To which she has made some inroads (like I'm almost willing to try the mix stuff from Nestle...almost) now this being at work my coworkers aren't exactly helping her out... I'm a bit nasty when I haven't had my sweet sweet caffiene fix.

So as I keep asking Izzy "what is the incentive for me to give up coffee?" She and she keeps trying to break me... Risking life and limb to get to me before 9 AM on somedays to try and break me of my oh so lovely habit. To say that the deck is stacked against her is probally understating the challenge in front of her.

So if I suddenly stop drinking coffee and become way more irritable then I normally am I must have found an incentive to give up coffee.

No comments: