Friday, November 16, 2007

And now another word from a really good bottle of scotch.

So the writers strike, it starting to suck for me... I'm lacking my John Stewart fix. I mean I'm lacking my John Stewart fix to the point that I'm actually watching CNN. It's kind of weird to watch the news and not have a montage of some sort pop up where people are saying things that are 180 degree's from what they were just saying.

So this distinct lack of John Stewart pushed me over the edge, what the hell is this strike about?

The internet is a wonderful thing.

I landed on everyone's favorite Star Trek wonder kid, voice of Aqua Lad and in my world "A" list blogger Wil Wheaton Oh hey he has a couple of links to something called "unitedhollywood.com" WAIT WAIT HE HAS A VIDEO! IT'S FROM THE COLBERT REPORT!!! Oh wait their is no Stephen Colbert, but it's a writer from the Colbert Report. That is good enough for me.

I watch the video and finally decide I wonder where I go when I click on "Unitedhollywood.com"

Oh it's the blog for the writers HEY LOOK MORE NOT JOHN STEWART BUT HIS WRITERS! I got my John Stewart fix finally and then way down at the bottom of the page is a link to a video that talks about what each generation of writers has gone through to get where they are today. It's actually a start contrast to the John Stewart/Stephen Colbert combo.

I read, I watch, I ponder... I ask "What does Ronald D. Moore think?" I check the Scifi.com blog, nothing there since June, check Wikipedia and BAM! Their is a link to to rondmoore.com
and it's my personal fiction writing hero of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Battlestar Galactica. The blog is new and done in iWeb but it's Ronald D. Moore uncensored, the only thing better is Ronald D. Moore with a bottle of Scotch, the smoking lamp turned off, and a podcast recording under way.

Cody as a side note, remember the poker table with the midget from the show "Carnival" when we were in Vegas? This is the guy who wrote the first season, he left before the second season to do Battlestar Galactica!

So I've read and pondered for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that we should all find a good book/game/hobby and snuggle/curl up/next/to our very bearded/pregnant/sleepy loved ones because this folks is going to a very long haul and we need to do everything to make sure the writers get everything they are asking for.

And for the record yes, I'm a Ronald D. Moore fan boy (didn't know screen writers had fan boys did you?)

No comments: