Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's only a life time..

I received a rather strange email today... and I shall quote it for you now;

----------------------------------
Subject = Music Piracy Paper

Dear Tom,
I just read your paper and I thought it was wondeful. You explained everything from the history to your own suggestions on what shoud be done. I'm writing a paper for one of my classes and I'm using your paper as a reference because i think its the most thorough explanation I could find on music Piracy without all the legal mumbo jumbo. Thanks, Nitzalis Cora

-----------------------------------

So I don't know if I should be flattered or just down right scared that some one thinks that my random ramblings on a random blog on a random server on a random planet in a random universe is worthy of quoting.

Well someone things my work is worth quoting. I guess this brings up a pretty interesting question what is the Academic stand on blogs as reference source for research and information? Some blogs (like the ones at IBM or Google) are of a very technical nature and can be used to actually do some good for the world. Then there are blogs like this that are just mindless drivel... no really I'm about 2 steps away from drooling on my self most days.

And after a couple of beers I'm really close.

After a few beers I'm past drooling on myself and have moved on to drooling on other people.

I know that is a lovely thought and mental picture isn't it? Which may go a long way to explaining why I like to drink alone so much.

In the end though I do get the warm and fuzzies knowing that I'm helping someone actually figure out the screwed up world that is digital media rights in a information age.

No comments: