Monday, October 10, 2005

Acclimation... I think.

I know that I have become acclimated to the valley when it's 87 out side and I'm thinking to myself "gosh it's a bit chilly out here maybe I should find a jacket"

Yes folks that is how I know that I have become acclimated. 87 is cold 90+ is long sleeve weather and 100+ is nothing more then a annoyance while moving about my day.


Friday night we (we being the Kinney's and Currin's along me and myself (we had to leave I at home they weren't feeling very well)) went to the Arizona Science Center. The science center is really geared for kids but it's fun for adults too... Especially when it's 1. free and 2. They have free food! (yes I know it's very college of me but remember I've been a bachelor for many years now I find real food where ever I can). So there I am going through the science center and they have a exhibit on the human body. I'm looking through it and they have a ultrasound of a human fetus. COOL! Finally working in X-ray department is going to pay off. So I'm standing there looking at the ultrasounds of a unborn baby I see the nose, mouth, eyes, and other parts of the body. As I'm doing this a young 20 something couple comes up behind me and they are looking at the ultrasounds with me and I start pointing things out to them and I not making this next part up.

She says "Is that really a baby?"
Me "yes it is"
She Says "wow that is a really crappy picture, they need to get a better camera"
Me... *Tom says nothing and shuffles away quietly*

After the science center we hit Pizza Bianco.... Apparently it's one of the places to get pizza... in North America!

You know what I believe it too. That stuff is good.

Now it's off to look for basketball tickets... seeing as how I live in Phoenix I should probally start taking advantage of the things it has to offer me. :)

Kristina just informed me it's colder outside then it is in the house (it's 74 outside) I guess I should go find my sweatshirts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its been 17 days since your last update.
Get with the program skippy.

Anonymous said...

ok.. I can't count...
TODAY its been 17 days since your last post. I get the feeling you where refusing to post out of principle. Its good to know that anonymously posted comments can get to you like that... even when the are anonymously posted by the man sitting directly behind you as you watch over his shoulder.
Maybe I should take the laptop into the other room for these. It might hold a little more of the "internet magic" that way.

Thanks for believing
-Leonard Nemoy's ventriloquist puppet