Sunday, October 30, 2005

It was all that I needed...

Amazing... I've been living in my new place for just a little over 24 hours and I'm already falling back into my old patterns. I only lived with Krissy and Curtis for 3months but even I'm surprised at how quickly I've fallen back into my old patterns.

At least that means that I will once again start posting on a fairly regular basis for your pure drivel enjoyment.

Or this could be a tease :)

Anyway in this episode of "One man's quiet contemplation of all things that are not tied down"

I move into a new house
I learn all about living on a budget again.
New names all around!

So as stated before I've moved into a new house, for those of you keeping score this is house #2 in 4 years. That Batcave was home for the longest of any one place other then my parents house. I think I shall call the new house "The Watch Tower" Kingman will forever be the "Batcave" along with the new naming of my houses we should also clarify a few of the existing names that are out there to make sure that things stay straight with everyone.

Curtis's office = "The Troll Cave" or "The cave" he's tall like a troll and some might even argue he looks like a troll, it's Curtis he now has to dial a phone or drive for five minutes to make fun of me.

Matt's office = "Starfleet command" really do I need to explain this one? Didn't think so.

Clint's office = "The play room" he has kids and he has to share his office with them nuff said*

*Even though Clint and Brandi occupy the "Bat cave" there is nothing caveish about them living there.

Changing gears...

So last week I'm having breakfast with everyone down here (Curtis, Krissy, Don, and Bev) and the subject turns to my house. Krissy asks me "So Tom are going to have another bachelor pad or are you going to have a "Big boy house"".

I will give Krissy this she doesn't beat around the bush with me.

I respond "Big boy house" and then ask her and Bev to help me.... 3 quaters of a football game later they have a list. Curtis and Don goto a sports bar... I go with Bev and Krissy to Ikea... do you know what $600 in Ikea looks like? 2 plastic bags and a bunch of boxes in my garage! I will tell you what though my house is looking damn good. I'm pretty sure they are no where near done (they still have money in the budget). All I have to say is I'm duly immpressed.

So big props to Krissy and Bev.

Watch tower out.

No comments: