Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yes folks he's still a dork...

I don't know if I will ever understand our fasicnation with the man of steel (TM) I just got back from seeing the latest theatrical incarnation of everybody's third or fourth favorite alien (with the first three being the Alien from ALIEN, The Predator, and ALF).

At a couple of points I was remembering watching superman as a kid and thinking some of the stuff he did and said was "cool" now he's doing the same thing and he's a dork. However we all still love him.

All in all a good movie... and the first time in a long time that I've payed full price and gotten popcorn with soda (large at that!) (For those of you who don't know only my father and Matt exceed my in how big of a tightwad any one person can be... Though Lenny is coming along nicely) and not felt violated after the movie. Actually I think the last time I did the whole shebang thing was with the original X-men movie... so yeah it's been a few years.

It is nice to see comic book movies that are smart, funny, dark, and somewhat thought provoking all at the same time. Granted there are only a few Grade A comic book movies... X-Men, Batman ("Batman Begins" I'm not talking about that bat crap of Batman 2 - Batman 4), Sin City, Spiderman (both so far), and now Superman. I question if Hellboy should go in there or not, I never read the comics but it was a good movie. I look forward to the sequel.

But this movie does raise two serious questions...

1. How come Batman and Superman have two very large cities to protect that are both in North America yet they don't work together... better yet how did they get assigned these cities? Was there a lottery? A draft? Numbers out of a hat?

2. Wouldn't the villain's of say Gotham wise up and move to Metropolis and vice versa? How cool would it be to see the Joker take on Superman? I know that's the talk of a heretic... but how cool would it be to see that? Huh? Huh? HUH?

Fine you don't like my idea...

and you think Jedi's are dumb???!!

SCREW YOU BUDDY THIS IS MY BLOG AND I CAN DREAM IF I WANT TOO!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know that Gotham and Metropolis are both NYC correct?

Anonymous said...

They mentioned Superman had done some good deeds in Gothem in this movie. And there are some cartoons at least of Superman and Batman working together.

-matt the tightwad