Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Somewhere between Azeroth and Endor....

Not to long ago Curtis and I were talking about gaming, as we often do. The topic turned to MMO's (massive multiplayer online) games that we both play. We were lamenting the fact that our team in Eve was dying and both of us are loathe to seek out another group to run with since we both truly enjoy the community that we are apart of in Eve. The conversation quickly turned to another topic soon thereafter... I believe the topic of discussion was whether to see the dancing penguin movie or Bond. Lets just say that I will never look at penguins in the same way again.

So while sitting in the dancing penguin movie (which btw wasn't that bad) I got to thinking about EVE, Planet Side, and Star Wars Galaxies. EVE has been my game of choice for the last 2+ years now it's large it's complex there are many many many aspects. I've always had a blast in EVE.

Planet Side was never really more then a diversion... you know like a ex-girlfriend that comes back into your life. You two keep each other around just long enough to remember why you are exes in the first place.

Star Wars Galaxies was my first MMO and is still the only one where I litterally lost track of time when I played it. More then once did I play for 12 or 14 hours. And for a while there SWG was all that I did. I chalk alot of that up to shit going on in my personal life that I didn't want to deal with though.

So as I watched the dancing penguin movie and watched genitalia inter cut with the dancing penguins flash across the screen I came to a thought.

EVE is a good game but I really want something that isn't quite so deep. Something a bit lighter and easier on the old gaming pallet. At the very least something that is matured to a point where a newb can have a good base of more experienced players to work with.

With that thought the seed was planted... and now against every fiber of my being... I'm dealing with damned dirty fairies and elves...

/sigh


No comments: