Monday, March 12, 2007

The one where I feel a kinship with Cody

On a business/training trip to Milwaukee.. you know it's not like I haven't been here before but my god man couldn't I go someplace different for a change?

Traveling is always a endurance race for me... I don't really like flying, actually the term I would use is I loathe flying. And in my book loathing is one step above sheer contempt. My biggest problem with flying is my lack of control over the situation. You know I'm driving in my truck if I choose to run in into the median and cut over 6 lanes of traffic that is my thing. If the pilot decides to take us to the scene of the crash before the paramedics show up that's not cool. And as always when I fly I have to ask the following question. If the seats turn into flotation devices how come the plane doesn't turn into a boat!

Other random observations from my travels... BSOD on a pay phone (that's a first for me) and people literally kicking their luggage down the aisle at security. I dislike my luggage but I don't kick it through security dislike it. I only check my bags in at the counter dislike my luggage. And the only reason I did that was because I don't have a printer at home to print out my boarding pass.

Anyway flying from Phoenix to Milwaukee is much like flying from Las Vegas to Milwaukee. Not eventful at all, however the two hour time difference is kind of screwing with me... I had a cup of coffee and a bagel for breakfast at the airport. That was at 7am Arizona time... the next thing I had to eat was a brownie that Kristina made at 3pm (5pm WI time) (thanks again Kristina).

So on the hunt for sustanance I decided to check out the mall that is across the street from the hotel. I don't remember if it was Cody or someone else but I'm going to chalk this on up to Cody. "When I'm in someplace new I always try to eat at someplace local and avoid the big national restaurant's" I'm in WI I'm going to do like the locals at the mall.... well if the mall is like a mall in Phoenix that is what I got. Ok the mall was a no go. Well there is a bar in the hotel that has a full dinner menu I will check it out. Really all I want is a beer and a burger. So I belly up to the bar order my dinner and have one of the better fruity ales that I've had in a long while (it's called "Spotted Cow" look to the beer blog for additional information).

I'm sitting there drinking my beer eating my burger watching ESPN on the bar TV thinking to myself how many nights has Cody done something like this. I start thinking about it more and more and decide. Cody has a much better go at it now.

Other things I have learned... I now understand why Cody likes his Marriott so much. And HBO on the road is a nice perk since I'm to cheap to pay for it at home.

1 comment:

A.L.O said...

Well I will never be able to say, "no one ever listens to me!"