Monday, May 07, 2007

Lights Make Monkey Happy....

Alright here is the setup.... When I was in Kingman I had a workstation light that I kept on the top of my monitor to illuminate my desk. Why did I have this you ask? Simple there was no light in the room. It was a nifty Eclipse Computer Light that I picked up from Thinkgeek and damn did that thing rock. Sadly I had to retire it to my desk instead of monitor in 2004 after I picked up my first flat panel monitor. You know flat panel being flat and all I really couldn't fit it on there anymore.

So that was December of 2004 and in July 2005 I left Kingman. In October of 2005 I moved into my current house. And along with me came the eclipse light. When I got the new office setup I had a dimmer switch on my lights so I figured that I wouldn't need the eclipse light anymore.

And for the better part of 2 years that is what I did. Then my bulbs burned out... DAMN YOU KHAN!!! (I always blame Khan for my light bulbs burning out... mainly because he's evil like that). So I do what any somewhat socially conscious person would do I head to wal-mart and purchase some Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (Notice that I said somewhat socially conscious, if I were truly socially conscious I would have gone some place else... but that is a rant for another time). I bring home the new environmentally friendly light bulbs and duly do not install them for 2 weeks...

Finally the darkness starts to annoy me and I install the lights... much to my disappointment in my dimmer they have two settings... On and Off... it's a binary state like Drunk and Not Drunk.... I'm not pleased by my new highly illuminated surroundings. So enter my eclipse light... not only does it fit on my Dell Monitor it fit's PERFECTLY!

Yes I know it's sad when the best thing in a week that I have to blog about is my Eclipse Light... but hey at least you get a nifty picture out of it!


No comments: