Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Premium" cable shows and you...

Fucking Cody....

Fucking Little Brother....

It's not often that friends inspire ire in me, when they do it is worthy of blogging. The last person who got this kind of treatment was Curtis with SEVEN SEASONS OF STARGATE!!

Actually I can't blame Cody all he did was say how much he liked "Entourage" which is even more impressive because Cody gave up TV a year ago. Which leads me to thing that Cody has pulled a "Hoff" with regards to TV and non sporting type events.

No No the real enabler in this whole scam is my brother who gave me two and a half seasons of "Entourage" to watch (for some reason the producers of Entourage put the second half of season 3 on a separate DVD set did I mention how much that annoyed me with Battlestar Galactica?). So to you little brother I say thanks a fucking lot... now I have to go spend the extra money on my cable get HBO so I can get my Entourage fix in a somewhat timely manner.

Ok now undoubtedly you the loyal reader of 5 years (Curtis) why don't I bit torrent them. Well Curtis we have already had this discussion but for those of you who weren't there who were there but didn't listen and just heard alot of "beeps" "bops" and "boops". Downloading TV shows is something of a legal grey area... I'm already paying for cable and so the show has already been sent to my house I just missed it. There are some schools of thought that think of the internet as a giant TIVO. So while yes you are in the wrong for downloading a TV show you've already received the content. Now HBO is a little different, if you aren't paying for HBO you are defiantly in the wrong if you download one of their shows.

So hence my dilemma... of course I could just wait for Scott to keep buying the DVD's but honestly I don't know if I want to wait that long.

And in the interest of full disclosure yes I have downloaded TV shows... I dare you to find someone under the age of 35 who's used a computer for more then a Day and hasn't downloaded a TV Show.

2 comments:

Evey Marievey said...

I have never downloaded a TV show. What do I win?

Curtis said...

I bet your husband has. That makes you guilty by association.