Sunday, November 07, 2004

The end of the world as we know it. Or how I learned to stop worrying and just accept the Simpsons are just silly.

How's that for a title?

You know I'm very much of the thought that the Simpson's tree house of horror special has no real place on television after Halloween. And anymore it really has no place on the TV period. But that is just my thought.

Anyway I've been listening to Pearl Jam all weekend (which is somewhat proper since it's been gray and raining all day today) and I've decided that to me personally. Ten (the first album from 92) is not their best work. I think their best work is either "Yield" or "Riot Act" Those are my two favorite Pearl Jam Albums. Of course I'm probally the only person I know that tries to keep up with current Pearl Jam you know the whole no video thing.

The no video thing is a a real testament (at least to me) as to how good a group Pearl Jam is. It's been 10 years since their last commercially successful video and they still sell more records per album then most groups could ever hope to do over the course of their entire carreers. That is just my thought though. Most of (actually all from the last album) Peral Jam videos are mainly of the band playing their instruments. Nothing very flashy just something to put up on whatever music channel still plays music.

Tom Petty is on iTunes right now. I guess I'm just in a sedate mood at the moment.