Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Got P.A.C.S.

You know when I took this promtion 6 months ago I knew there would be overtime involved... and I was told alot of overtime would be involved. I am know just begining to realize how much over time is involved.

I'm on the end of a 15 hour day at work. As I sit thinking about what I did while I have a beer and my beef bbq burrito. I think to myself... ya know I may be a dumbass but I'm a pretty smart dumbass. Let me explain.....

3 years ago when I started the current job I was brought in to work on a surgery charting system. Now mind you I was less then 3 months out of school and had only ever worked in a grocery store. I literrally went from checking grocries to learing how surgrey was done in the course of a week. That wasn't so bad my mom is a nurse so it wasn't totally new to me and I pick up pretty quick on things.

Flash forward to 6 months ago and the PACS administrator job lands in my lap... Now let me explain PACS to you... in it's most simpliest terms PACS is a way of taking x-rays (and x-ray related procedures) digitally and never printing a hard copy as a regular part of your work flow. Now to put this in perspective... we cannot take down the x-ray dept. ever. Oh and don't forget you still need to get ER orders read real quick.

That is in it's simpliest form that I can put it is PACS.

The thing that blows my mind is Nursing and x-ray have two diffrent lingo's and I'm speaking passable x-ray and passable nurse. Someday I amaze even my two brain cells.

OK beer is gone... time to get ready for bed and start again tommrow!

No comments: