Thursday, November 09, 2006

87,648 hours....

My oh my look at how time flies.

Yes ten years ago my parents came kicking and screaming into the 20th century. They got the internet. We were far from the last family in town to get the internet but the first of the people I knew and worked with.

Curtis you don't count... I didn't start dealing with you until after this event.

How do I know this much less remember this? It's easy. I was helping my dad try to find "the damned election results" for two people he knew that were running for office. I think both of them lost but that is my first definitive memory of helping someone find something on the internet.

Yes in those days we were styling with our 80486SX/8MB/220MBHD w/ a 12inch color monitor. Windows 3.1 and Dos 6.2

Yes it was ancient even then... I got my first computer that was truly mine about a month later as a early graduation gift.

OH and don't forget the 28.8k modem on both of them :)

7 computers later.... I think I need another upgrade.

So hug your loved ones and remember it could be worse we could all be using some mix betweenm minitel and aol

No comments: