Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The crickets outside....

I think this is the first time I've ever sat on my back porch.... ever.

Not in all the years I lived in Kingman the time in flag ever... this is the first time I've come back here and just sat and did my own version of meditation.

My neighbor to the east of me is doing something I could hear him in my office with the music and video game going it really sounds like he's cleaning or putting stuff in the trash. And now he's done.

There is a house behind me it's two stories none of the lights are on. If I didn't know where to look for the pitch of the roof I would say that there was nothing there. It's really kind of shocking that you could lose a house like that.

crickets that is what amazes me the most down here... I didn't expect to hear crickets in mesa...I don't really hear crickets when I'm in high country at night like I'm hearing them right now. I know that neighbors on 2 of 3 sides have a backyard like mine pretty green and lots of plants.

This is the first place that I've lived that feels like a "home" to me. Not a cave with carpeted floors and a TV. Granted it's still pretty sparse in the "Better homes and gardens" sense of cluttered but I like it. I truly think the best part of my house is the backyard.

Growing up we had a huge backyard I never liked it... the grass was short... there was no shade dog crap all over the place (a certain sibling was tasked to clean up said crap and never did on a regular basis) I'm pretty sure that is why I'm a cat person. I like dogs I just don't like them enough to own one. Cat's are cool you can have a convesation with a cat and they will just look at you like "WTF foool".

You talk to a dog and they think that everything that comes out of your mouth is pure gold.


Anyone else ever notice how a harley sounds like a prop airplane when it's going down the road?

2 comments:

A.L.O said...

I don't use the backyard as much as I should too. I'm glad you've grown so close to your house, I wish I could of say the same for myself. Want another house to love, I know where you can get one?

Evey Marievey said...

i miss all that...