Monday, January 22, 2007

Inertia keeps... Moving up slowly

Every now and again some of my comrades in blogging will comment "Tom, I'm decided to listen to you about not blogging about work. XYZ happened and I'm glad I didn't write about that shit". Actually it's been one person who has said it to me multiple times and it makes me feel good about my decision. Even if it does cut down on the amount of material I write about. Granted I have broken that rule from time to time some times worse then others but by and far I tend to stick to it.

The nice thing about about have the proverbial MAC(s) to my PC blog is that they have interesting links and seeing as how links to blogs came up at dinner on Saturday night. Granted the topic lasted all of 45 seconds but it was enough to send me to re-examine what I thought were previously static link tables.

Yep they are all pretty static except for one additional link. I'm trying to figure out how Cody came upon this person and decided to link to their very nicely done blog actually this is the sort of blog that gives me blog envy. Actually for the record it doesn't take much to give me blog envy these days a few nicely placed pictures and a link table or two and I'm yours.

Damn if you had a C++ gui programming manual I would so be your friend.

OK so where I was going before I decided to head to tangent-ville, this blogger the "dooce" was fired from a job for blogging about work. I present to you know a excerpt from her "FAQ" section....

"I started this website in February 2001. A year later I was fired from my job for this website because I had written stories that included people in my workplace. My advice to you is BE YE NOT SO STUPID. Never write about work on the internet unless your boss knows and sanctions the fact that YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT WORK ON THE INTERNET. If you are the boss, however, please don’t be a bitch and talk with your hands. And when you order Prada online, please don’t talk about it out loud, you rotten whore."

So there you go kids... that is a good enough reason to not talk about work. Well that and it's not very intersting, no one cares, and it's really not that professional.

2 comments:

A.L.O said...

You can thank Eve for that one. That lady is f*cking hilarious, and I wish I could find more blogs like hers. She uses Moveable Type, much like WordPress I assume. Both which are much cleaner than blogger. That and between her and her husband they are professional photographers, graphic designers, web designers, and creative writing majors. They have an advantage, but I'm still wicked jealous.

Evey Marievey said...

Oh! You mean that 45 seconds where C2 chastised me for not including his blog in my links?! That boy gives me more lip! Yesterday he told me that his classes are "real" classes and mine are not. I can only assume that he bases this uninformed opinion on the fact that, while he is sitting at the lunch table feverishly pounding out math problems, I am relaxing and eating my lunch. Some of us get our work done in advance. ;)

Also, Dooce becomes addictive really quickly. You'll be checking it everyday very soon.