Friday, January 05, 2007

To match the sun....

I think of all the applications that I use on a regular basis iTunes has to be one of more evil ones. I don't know why it's more evil then Winamp it just is.


Playing w/ the old iTunes tonight I been partaking of the glory known as whiskey. Canadian Whiskey, I would like this time to call out one Nathan Opitz as a bastard before him I knew whiskey only as a drink that you drank to kill massive numbers of brain cells. Never once in my life did I imagine that whiskey could actually be good. And a sipping drink. For this Nathan you are both a saint and a bastard.

Anyway for what ever reasons I've been making a play list and as I look at it now I realize that I am a happy drunk (which I already knew) but I also am looking at another play list from some time ago, like fall of last year basically right after I moved down. And you know what the music on the new list is alot lighter then the music on the old list.

Hey you know what would kick ass right now? Stabbing Westward! Hmmmm shitty 90's music... OH lets go for the really bad one... DAMMIT! I don't have the really shitty one in itunes... and I'm not going to buy it. Oh well we shall go for a little Jane's Addiction instead.

I often wonder what drives people... you know in the meta physcial sense of the world. What event from the past drives a person to do everything in their power to be the power behind the man? What drives a person to "go fast", what makes someone say "I love music, but I do movies to get paid". You know deep metaphysical shit like that.

Know what drives me? And this is going to be the single stupidest thing you have ever heard out of me... Mr. T.

I know.... Hear me out.. back in the day... you know 1984 or so... Mr. T had a couple of PSA's on NBC Saturday morning TV... I was 4 maybe 5 at time. I remember this one PSA about never quitting and if you do quit your a automatic failure.

That one PSA more then anything drove me... I didn't quit piano I was kicked out... actually I think the term used was something to the effect of "he doesn't seem interested and I'm not going to keep taking your money" I was 10 or 11 when that happened.

So there you go there is the thing that drives me... I know I know... but hey at least it's Mr. T.

Not to say that I haven't quit stuff between now and 1984, but every time I do I have that image of Mr. T going through my head.

OK now I'm off to try and figure out how get hot CT chick to not think I'm a goof... man I have my work cut out for me.

No comments: