Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hi ho on the down low range...

I was watching a trailer the other night for a movie called "Gunner Palace" it's about a American artillery unit in Baghdad from late 2003 to mid 2004. I'm watching this trailer and the only thing that I can think of is... The people in the movie can't be more the 21 or 22... Holy crap I'm 25 and I'm older then them and they are "Seasoned combat veterans" I seem to have one of those moments about once a year I've been having them a lot more lately. I'm going to be 26 next month and I have problems imaging being married with kids at this age much less being in combat.

It just blows my mind.

Anyway instead of a lawn this year I'm going to do something a little bit easier.. I planted a tree... Right now it's a twig attached to a stick. If I kill this then I will just write off the whole green thumb thing and stick with computers.

Maybe I should save myself the money and time and just do that anyway.

Ever notice how if you put enough olive oil in to a pot of water before you add the spahetti how it looks like urine?

Hope you weren't eating lunch when you read that last line.

I think the people at the iTunes music store have a real hard on for Bill Shatner. This week on the front page under the exclusivies tab there is a album from both William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy (or as they are known to the non geek set Capt. James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock) It was just one of those things where I said... this must be a sign of the apocalypse.

And as Matt is reading this he is firing up iTunes to see if I'm shitting you or not.

I shit you not.

Oh speaking of strange things....

I've been having a rough go of it lately at work and some people have helped to make these last couple of weeks just a bit more standable. I would like to call them out so they can come to front of the class and take a bow or at the very least have things thrown at them.

Curtis...

Brandi...

Clint...

I'm not going to say anything about them if you have been a reader (and actually those three make up half of my total known readers) then you know about them already. If you are a newer reader (with in the last year or 3) then you probally need to hit the ol' website and see the previous incarnation of this here blog like thing and read up on these fine diamonds among my mountains and mountains of rough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't want to be a diamond. Can I be cubic zerconia instead? What about aluminum tanzinite?
-curtis