Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Jihad of sorts...

For the last week KDKB has been pushing that on Sept 15, 2006 @ 9:33 AM they will be unveiling their new format.

Curtis thinks that this is just a plublicty stunt... I would be lying if I said I didn't agree with him just a bit.

There is a part of me that is also really expecting KDKB to go the way of the Mariachi Station and suddenly I will be down to two radio stations in Phoenix (KEDJ and KUPD)

So in some sort of half assed orgainzed response to the maybe demise of KDKB I'm going to make predictions about what we will be listenining to on "Classic Rock" stations in the future.

When I say future I say 20 to 30 years... so think about music from 1975 to 1985 and what you hear on classic rock stations today and you know about I'm going for.

So in the year 2036 the classic rock stations will be playing. (maybe)

Damn Nirvana.... they had 1 good album and Kurt was to much of a pussy to stand up to Courtney and was killed for it. The really bad part is we will only hear Lithium and Smells Like Teen Spirit... we won't hear any of the good stuff.

Freaking Incubus... I know it's a odd ball but hear me out on this one. They will be one of those random songs that will come on and you will remember the first time you listened to "Make yourself" I associate Incubus with a few other things so I don't listen to them as much but I like the first Album.

Sadly Metallica... hopefully will be pre-suck Metallica from The Black Album and Ride the Lightning.

Soundgarden... will probally be like Iron Butterfly... everybody has seen the video for "Black Hole Sun" and knows it but has no clue on the rest of the music. Much like Iron Butterfly and "In ga da vida"

I'm back and forth on putting Audioslave on their they make good music but they have also only been around for 4 years so not long enough to really tell.

You will also notice that I'm lacking Pearl Jam and Tool let me defend myself.

Pearl Jam will become the new Phish and just keep touring... Eddie and co. will be 80 and still rocking the house. They will also still be sticking it to Ticketmaster every chance they get.

Tool... I truly fear that Tool won't be played much for being to weird and experimental.. you will hear it... it will only be on the Chris Cornell show done from his basement broadcast on the Intertube and only heard on specfic days of the week.

Maynard and Co. would have it no other way.

And now to the half assed organization part (this is where you the drivel reader get to particpate) So what will be on the "Classic Rock" "Classic Rap" stations of the future?

DON'T REPLY HERE Reply in your own freaking piece of drivel.

Whoops time to hit a new album almost hit "Whish you were here" bad juju for me there.

1 comment:

Evey Marievey said...

what's your beef with lithium?