Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My god captain it's massive!

And I'm not talking about Curtis....

Son of a Ardvark.... I feel icky.... I haven't this icky since I heard the term "He fondled the box of chocolates"

Ok if you are really confused... read the post just below this one then read the opening line again... it may make more sense, just know that it's me and that it's just this thing I call a personality.

Who knew I had one?

And no this isn't not a "beer flavored blog" this is brought to you with me hopped up on water and saltines.

So I haven't talked about EVE recently... EVE the Game not Eve the blogger. You really should read Eve the bloggers blog though... it is insightful and unlike mine she posts stuff that you might actually find useful.

OK so getting back to EVE the game, as you all know (or maybe not) this is a space based game with various types and classes of ships. The largest and most powerful of these ships is called a "Titan" they cost 100's of billions of in game currency and several months in real time to build. This week the first player produced Titan was revealed (keep with me I promise it's going to get better). So in the unveiling video they have this song going on in the background...

Hey that song is pretty good I think to myself....

Hey it's the opening music to House! (about the only show I watch other then CSI that isn't on Sci-Fi)

I fastforward through the video... the ships impressive but once you've seen on big ass ship you've seen them all. The song is by "Massive Attack" now I have heard of them before I just have never listened to them.

So I do what any self respecting music lover does... I jump on iTunes and sure enough their entire catalog is out there. I find the song in question (it's called "Teardrop" if you were wondering). I proceed to buy the album.

Yes I know it's iTunes... I know I can buy just the song I want but I find that I enjoy the music much more if I get the entire album. Some of my favorite songs were never released as singles... Heresey by NIN, Like Suicide by Soundgarden, You Are by Pearl Jam, No Quater (cover) by TOOL (Odd that my favorite TOOL song is a cover of a Led Zeplin song huh?)

Anyway I've been digging the album as a whole... I don't have any "Trip-Hop" but this is generally in that vaine of electronic music that I like. It's not as in your face as The Crystal Method were with Legion of Boom... more Vegas on a couple of those tracks... The one with the moon clips comes to mind off the top of my head.

OH and if you would like to see the really big space ship that is in the game I play follow the link: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0609/newdawn.wmv

No comments: