Sunday, September 24, 2006

On the subject of TV...

So Battlestar Galactica (BSG to those of us who watch) has a myspace. http://www.myspace.com/scifibattlestar
It's a pretty standard promo myspace page but it has a few clips that I found nice.. Including the 3 minute catch. Not a good place to start but it's better then nothing.

Anymore I watch 5 shows on a pretty constant basis... Stargate SG1/Atlantis, CSI, The Daily Show, and Battlestar Galactica. I realize that this list is very sci-fi centric but look at who you talking to :)

So where I was going with this was the Stargates would probally do very well in syndication. And they have for the last 9 years now. I think that BSG would be able to stand on it's own on a network. Curtis and I have argued about this he is of the mind that BSG is to graphic and violent for network tv. I argue that based soley on CSI and the amount of stuff that they show on there. I think that BSG wouldn't fare well on network tv simply because it would be lost in the void of some random night of the week. It's a heavy hitter to be sure but would it be heavy enough hitter to take on the CSI's, Lost, or even lord help us the double crap shot that is Desperate Housewives / Greys Anatomy. I think in a 3 network world no problem... in the 500 channel universe we occupy doubtful. At best it would be a summer series or a mid season replacement.

There you have it... my thoughts on why BSG would probally die on the vine in network world. So long as their is a sci-fi channel there will be geek friendly television and I will have a place to call home. Even if it's only me, curtis, kristina, matt, kristi, and 10,000 other people watching it... at least we will have it.

1 comment:

Evey Marievey said...

have you noticed that your last five post titles have ended in "..."
just an observation...