Sunday, January 30, 2005

High Hopes... or the Division Bell.... it's all Pink Floyd all the time!

Ya know I think my absolute favorite music is the kind of music that just fills a room with complex rythms and seems equally at home front and center as it does in the background.

A good example of this is Pink Floyd (which just happens to be qued up in iTunes right now) another example of this is TOOL... OK most of TOOL's stuff doesn't fall into this catagorey. But when I'm alone (as I often am) and I'm needing something loud to play it's TOOL. Another good one is Led Zepplin. Didn't really get into Led Zepplin until after College but I find it some times is just the thing I need to have on in the back ground when I'm doing something.

Little known secret when I'm working in LINUX I generally have Led Zepplin cranked.

Sure sign you are a geek and the people you are hanging out with are geeks.

So there I was, Phoenix Arizona at Curti's apartment we have just finished a 6 hour game of Axis and Allies (last time it was 12 so we are doing really well this time). We get done playing and it's still really early so we say lets play poker. Then a most odd thing happens we all look at each other and go. "Do you know how to play poker?" Quicker then you can say Quake 3 death match laptop is out and Curtis is on his computer. A quick googling of "Texas hold em rules" turns up the rules for Texas hold (gee imagine that) and one click down a description of the various types of hands you can have. SCORE!

Mind you there were 4 of us and Don used to goto Vegas on a regular basis. Of course he played the Craps tables. Oh and in true Engineer fashion Don and a roommate figured out what bets on the craps table are the best and the amount of money you should be playing with.

No I won't tell you... You have to do the math yourself. And it's alot of math so you had better get cracking.

No comments: