Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Ubuntu?

Walking through the parking lot at work today I saw a license plate frame at that said and I quote "silly faggot, dicks are for chicks". Ok now I'm a pretty open minded guy but I found this disturbing... Not because it was derogatory or anything like that. Rather I couldn't decide if I was offended or not... And suddenly the P.C. police score another victory. On the other side this particular license plate frame was on a ricer and it was all to hell... No paint, mis matched body panels, no rims.

Anyway I've installed Ubuntu Linux onto my laptop... ya know I like it. It's fast (like LINUX isn't fast) I'm able to do just about everything that I want to do with my laptop and I'm using LINUX. Ubuntu is a free distro that is meant to be regional easily (first LINUX distro in Swahili). I like it because I don't have to screw around with packages. It includes a package manager called synaptics that takes all the pain and misery out of downloading most of the packages for me.

And it's debian based I don't know what that means but it seems like all the good distro's for general purpose use are based off of debian. Of course I've been scoring "Debian Linux" on that stupid what is your operating system personality test for years.

Now I'm trying to decide if I will leave this on my laptop for a while or go back to windows. Dual boot is not a option with the laptop since I only have a 30 gig Hard drive and I likes my games. I have thought about doing the Cedega thing and trying my games on my laptop... But I know SWG and EVE would not work at all.

The one thing that I have always liked about any LINUX/Unix distro is the multiple desktops that you have. I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't make this native in Windows... Then again given the average mental capacity of the average windows user maybe the great Satan is more intelligent then we all thought.

If your still reading at this point you are either really bored, really interested, or trying to figure out what the hell I'm talking about.

If you are just plain confused you now know how most of my family feels 99% of the time when I'm around.

Is it bad that the background on my Windows Mobile 2003 PDA is a LINUX penguin?

Now if only my iPod would work correctly under LINUX... I would be set on the laptop.

No comments: