Monday, December 20, 2004

5 days and I realize that being a zonie isn't so bad...

One of the things that I really like about myself is that I take a active intrest in news and current events... more international then local, hey at least I'm mostly up with the news. I know my friends recognize this since every now and again they will ask me for a update on some obscure thing and belive it or not I generally tend to seem to know something about it.

So I was watching TV tonight and Horizon's had it's yearly editoral cartoon writer show. It's kind of neat for me since I've been watching horizons for about 10 years (yes I know I'm a geek but hey it's the only show that I can semi-level headed feedback about issues effecting Arizona (though any more Arizona means Phoenix/Tucson). I've always like the end of the year political cartoonist show... the end of year is upon us and Steve Benson comes out of his hole... much like a certain ground hog the first tuesday in feburary.

Tonight I also realized that if your local (and when I say local I mean a native of Arizona... and I know there aren't that many of us around). You've probally read Benson on more the one occasion. Benson is one of those Arizona instutions like Wallace and Ladmo... or Mighty Mud Mania. You know that kind of thing.

And all the people who come here from places other then Arizona have no clue what I'm talking about. Just know that I will always be bitter because I never got a Ladmo-Bag.

No comments: