Sunday, December 19, 2004

6 days and I feel old

So this weekend has been a rewind weekend on x107.5 "xtreme radio" out of vegas. The most depressing part about this weekend is 1. This is all the music I like. 2. I have most of the CD's these songs were on orginally. 3. Nine Inch Nails now has a best of out... they have 3 freaking records how could they have a best of already? So I've been feeling very old all weekend.

I don't there just seems to be something unholy about music from High School being apart of a rewind weekend. I think most of my music should in no way or shape be classfied as "rewind". Personal thought there...

And as I sit here thinking... the last CD I bought was A Perfect Circle... everything after that has been off of iTunes. When I buy a CD there is something tangiable... when I get music off of iTunes there is nothing tangiable... just a file on my computer. I keep a back up but it's just not the same as having the liner notes and all. With iTunes (and all online music stores) the music seems somehow more disposable then it did before... much like a bridesmaid dress.... to be loved intensily for a short period of time then filed away somewhere on a harddrive where it may or may not be played again.

Just something not quite right about it is all.

I don't know... I still love my iPod though :)

No comments: